I just noticed this, if you die, you lose your purse. So please, keep a players purse persistent. Trying to get a Horse and a wolf killed me.
Posts by Classified
I've been playing for about 2 weeks now, this is the first time it's crashed.
Would it be possible for the NCP Traders to be marked on the map?
Regeneration of Trees, Stones, Clay, Animals.
Could the developers please consider reducing the re-spawn rates? It might even reduce the workload on the servers?
Perhaps by as much as a quarter of a game day on the Main Island.
This dedicated forums site needs to have a sticky link on the Steam page where players load their game. Rather than at present, players who find this website have to go to their own browser to display the website.
Farms, good idea to have a predefined plot, but crops should not evaporate at harvest time, perhaps have the ability for the crops to just sit there until picked?
3 Levels or floors of building should not be the limit, I would suggest 6, so it looks closer to the NPC heights in the game.
Long wooden beams would allow larger spaces, just like real life.
There needs to be a pre-planned mat to be laid prior to the Foundations being laid, to force the physics of the game to make a flat surface, again just like in real life, when the ground is prepared prior to a foundation being laid. So many times I've tried building and found one corner totally impossible to build on, so frustrating.
NPC areas need a 'no build' area around them marked with a gold coloured line and maybe a small flag (?) so they can't be controlled by one person or clan and stops slowing down the game graphics.
Mortar, Clay, Wood, Sticks, Stone, Iron and Steel need permanent fixed top billing in the crafting list.
The Well needs to be made smaller to fit into a room level on a foundation block.
All common chat channels across all platforms should be accessible somehow.
The Workbench should be made smaller to fit on a foundation block.
The Furnace could have a working bellows, when in action, should be made to fit over 2 foundation blocks.
The Crafting Queue should go to One, when the Clear Queue button is pressed.
There should be a Tip put under the Crafting Results page saying 'Shift and Drag to split items'.
The Map, would be better with a small grid to allow better management.
The action key should be 'E' not 'F', which is too much of a finger stretch.
The Steel Pickaxe should give more Stone, Clay and Wood than any other tool in game and no hit points for NPCs or other players.
Moving forward should automatically trigger a holster response with a pickaxe.
Destroying or Disassembling or Placing an item does not need the players character to make a flurry of movement.
Perhaps use 'H' for Holstering any tool or weapon in the players hand.
Converting Iron to Steel should be an easier ratio, perhaps 5 not 10.
When Foundation blocks are laid, there should not be any NPC weeds and trees growing through.
Items being constructed in a workbench by a player should hear a Gong on completion when the number of items being made is greater than 50, such as Mortar or Arrows.
Ditches dug should be an item.
Pallisades should be made to join on corners or have a Corner Pallisade item added to game.
Watchtowers (as a complete item) should be added.
Warning Horn should be added, with audible noise, perhaps part of the Watchtower item.
On the Crafting page, items that can be built with items in the inventory, should be highlighted better than at present.
Curtains on wooden rails should be added.
Bearskins should be added instead of rugs.
Stone Wall Left and Right Angle should be 20 stone not 40 stone.
Building a latrine and later a toilet (outhouse) should be a priority, with a sickness penalty ending in death. They already appear in NCP sites.
Eyes through the back of the head should not be seen.
There should be a way for players to view their front view.
The Sun rises in the East, not the South.
Items such as boxes and wardrobes do not need to flicker.
Noises of wildlife or surf do not need to be heard inside a building.
Walking on stone and wood need to be added - foley sounds.
The Scroll button needs to be made a lot bigger in the various menus.
Lost Loot Suggestion - A Shaft or Beam of Light from the Gods.
It's most annoying when you suddenly die for no apparent reason or a known reason, so you spawn into a chosen start point, then run back to where your Skull is located on the map, problem is, sometimes the loot bag with all your stuff is really hard to see. So perhaps, loot bags should be marked with a Beam of Light offered by the Gods, this would help greatly.
Could the developers please consider updating the map to include the option to zoom in much tighter, so we can see details? Could we have a grid pattern too, so we can tell other players where to go simpler? Can we have the ability to add both clan and individual bases?
Slaughter a Troll Quest
Quest 13. It says Enter Drekiberg at a certain point, a tiny circle on the Island. Well I've run all over that area, even dodged the Troll, but nothing happens to trigger the next phase. I've killed the Troll a couple of times now, again no Quest Complete music, nothing. I ran on a bit further an found an NCP lying in the road and a new quest started and I completed it, queue music. Either i've done something silly or that particular quest is slightly broken. Why are Trolls modest? I mean wearing shorts? hahahaha.
The Quest 'Enter Troll Bridge'.
The Troll called Hubert guards the quest 'Enter Troll Bridge' but, I've killed that troll 3 times now, all in quick succession. Unlike the other wildlife such as Bears and Wolves, when you kill them, they stay dead for a short while, but this Troll, instantly returns, making the entrance to the bridge difficult. I discovered that I had not come through the Burnt City, but over the mountains to find the NCP standing next to a cart - who gives you the Quest to Kill the Troll called Hubert. So players have to run down to City and over the Bridge, for the Quest to trigger. Be sure to stay right and go on the path next to the cliff and the fence on your left. Skeletons are seen here. Then run back up the hill avoiding Hubert to your safe area - I built a small base for the actual assault on Hubert. I was somewhat annoyed that I had to give my Troll Bone to the NCP for 300 copper, that meant I only had 3 bones left (at the time lol). Maybe add a few tips in the quest?
Make the Recipe pages better
Another suggestion from yours truly, could you find a way please to make the sliding scroll bars on the right of the recipe pages bigger, I would suggest the same size as one item in the list of things to make as a guide, perhaps in the shape of a spoon, this spoon could have Celtic writing on it or the usual snake pattern. This would enable both a bit of eye candy and an easier place for the player to point the mouse cursor and scroll easier, as the existing tiny bar is annoying. It's also noticeable that many recipe items are badly lit perhaps through background filters, for instance, the item Iron Shod Door is totally black and invisible, but as this is the strongest door in game, surely it needs better graphics? Perhaps add an item rating too, Best, Better, Basic, Stone age or 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th. The breakdown of the actual recipes could be slightly better too, have a background of say black in a round shape and white numbers, at the moment item numbers are difficult to read. This is true in the personal carrying readout, which is difficult in stressful situations such as in PVP when you are trying to find bandages or whatever.
Promote the Quests more.
I am a returning player, the existing quests are very useful and great fun, they also increase a players abilities, but as you start in the game as a new player, there is little to show new players where to go, to get the many quests, also I have found it is best to collect all the quests from the NCP's so that you can tick them off as you progress in the game. The quests are really good, thank you Developers.
Suggestion to Foundations
I played a previous game called H1Z1, it was very similar to Valnir Rok except it had zombies. In that game we had a foundation called a Mat, this basically replaced individual squares of foundation blocks and offered players a larger option to building their structures it also flattened the ground. Valnir Rok's current foundation blocks seem to have a few bugs where the ground is uneven, so even if you try to plan a build using wooden foundations, you can still go wrong - this has happened to me often in VR. Mats also offer the chance to build larger structures, Mats could be positioned together, but usually it was a 12 x 12 placement, this was also used for farm plots.
Game Requirements for PC
Previously I used a 500 GB hard drive on my PC, but I've just upgraded my PC to 2 TB Hard drive with a 500 GB Solid State Drive. The game runs so much better now. I suggest the minimum requirements are increased, to allow a better player experience.
This is a computer game! I would suggest a simpler mechanic than trying to fix or repair each item in a base, simply by having an article that looks like a chest, that can be topped up with stone, wood, sticks, iron and clay. This could then repair base items in one go. Added to this, all items connected to a base, is considered 1 base. So let's say the stone house has a wooden walkway around it connected to a causeway, all of this is connected and so counts as 1 base - obviously, the bigger the base or more items attached to the single base, the greater the basic stores that need to be placed into the Maintenance Chest. Incidentally, the Totem does not seem to do anything but put a strain on my patience as it asks for massive amounts of Wood and Iron.
Warning - You can only have one Totem and one Altar
I have more than one base, I tried placing another Totem, but the game won't allow it, I even tried a different Totem, alas, just wasted another 50% of the building materials. Pity we can't build more totems and altars, linked to your player name or clan and then able to top up the gods with stuff anywhere on the map?
Stutter and lag has been significantly reduced over the years, thank you Devs, but more could be done, but I don't know how. I also don't know if having more players on a server makes any difference with this game platform as so few ever go online at the moment. If I see 1 other player on the server I'm using, it's really quite special.
Valnir Rok is better than ever, certainly better than 3 years ago, the small development team continues to work on the game. This new thread will hopefully give the Developers insight to gameplay.
So a new year and some more suggestions for the CEO Sebastian and his tiny band of Developers. The work so far has been impressive.
(1) Biggest bugbear for me is the speed at which recipes complete. So you've assembled the components of whatever your making and then wait for the programme to cycle. It's slow at best, could you please speed up the process. It's really noticeable when as a player you're trying to making tens or hundreds of something - seems to take forever. I am sure that making recipes instant, would stop much of the lag players get in game too.
(2) The current incarnation of the Quests is better, but the addition of the Dragon Slaying and Mine Expedition should really be at the end of the 22 other quests. The beginning of the quests is still badly constructed, the idea is to teach new players that they need to build a Workbench as soon as possible and then often throughout the game (unless you bring in, 'picking up' workbenches). Building a chest is a pointless exercise. The next urgent quests should be building the Well and the Furnace. The Rabbits for the Master should be changed to simply 5 meat - any meat. The area of the quests should be free of Bears and Wolves, especially in the Grove of Hogre when you meet the Godit. The numbering of the quests is also totally deranged.
(3) All the abilities should be available to everyone to attain, not simply cut off at 60 points. There is room for future abilities.
(4) Inventories are still bleeding across into different inventories - your furnace is cooking, your first workbench is cooking, your second plus workbench is cooking, the campfire is cooking. You check on the progress or want to change something and you constantly get the readouts of the other items cooking and not the item you are actually looking at. I used to think it was the distance between items, so spreading out the furnace and workbench and campfire has proved to be useless. As i've experimented and have workbenches spread across the map and I still get the bleed of inventory readouts with hundreds of in game metres apart.
(5) I've been playing on the private server; Crusty Old Gamers, it has a times 5 harvesting and times 2 experience increase over the official servers. The increase makes the game much more fun and I do wish the official servers would take the example given - rather than the grind it is currently.
(6) The Altar; when you are a solo player, one altar is enough, but when you are in a clan, we should be allowed to build multiple Altars and at least one per God. The page that shows the sacrifice box should ideally come with a list of what each God likes to receive and what causes the corruption by the Gods.
(7) I'm sure there must be a way for VR to capture Crash Reports and System Specs from players (Steam Valve recently took a capture of architecture only last week - so VR should have ability). So when a crash report is generated, VR should automatically be able to capture it? Perhaps it may need the players permission to send it, this could be overcome with a simple question on the Terms of Gameplay.
(8) Grammatically incorrect statement; in the Furnace it says '...Once you did this you need fuel...' it should say 'Once you do this you need fuel...'
(9) Spelling mistake; Leather Strips not Leather Stripes.
(10) Spelling mistake; Steel Helmet not Steal Helmet.
(11) Request a new building component to deal with hills and gradients, a foundation comprising of 2 units, one higher than the other, similar to a large step. See f12 screenshot; http://steamcommunity.com/shar…iledetails/?id=1263583607
This request has come about because there is nothing worse when building when you suddenly run out of foundation room because the site is on a slight gradient. What makes it worse is, the current ways of building leaves a gaping hole or gap between the walls. It's only eye candy, but we all strive for perfection.
(12) Spelling mistake; Silver of the Dead not Silver of the Deads (in the quests).
(13) Grammar mistake; On the quest description for the Silver of the Dead, it should say Karl Sigdan is looking for a Viking to enter the Silver Mines... Not '...who enters...'.
(14) I suggest the order of the of the new quests be added to the end, not near the beginning, because players need to have a high ability to make armour and weapons to take on the Dragon (Wyvern) using a Werewolf Bow and the Silver of the Dead really relies on having berserker Potion and a Gold Sword to defeat the NPCs sufficient to obtain the required 10 silver ore. In an earlier request I asked for the Workbench to be the first item to be built by all players doing the quests. Having completed the quests several times now on different servers, the requirement to build the Workbench is the most important part in the game. Added to this, all the recipes in the personal inventory need to be duplicated or put in the Workbench recipes to simplify the whole crafting experience.
(15) The quest - Talk to Karl Sigdan should show completion when the NPC says 'I have nothing for you', not remain on screen as an open quest.
(16) The key press screen that shows what computer keyboard keys does what command needs updating to show what 'R' does and holding the Mouse button down for continuous harvesting.
However much you dislike like the suggestion of 'removing decay' - I love the idea.
Jacknife yes you can disassemble - and I get a lot of thread from that.
I agree, I would like to see trees prevented from growing through the 2nd level of a structure - this might actually work better, because I place foundations and still chop down the trees free of wolves and NPCs. Having a cutoff at the second level would also make the coding easier (I think).
Second part to this request is that Trees do not spawn until they are ready to be harvested, not simply erect and un-harvestable. So many times I've approached a tree and been unable to cut it down again.
(1) Request the graphic showing 'Steel' has a yellow stripe running through it, to differentiate it from 'Iron'. It is unclear in the recipes whether it requires iron or steel or each.
(2) Request the Chat Box where you can chat to other players on the server be increased slightly in size and most importantly the size of the input text. Most players over 35 need glasses, I personally hate wearing glasses when I’m playing.
(3) Request the icon for Mortar be placed in a bordered box before the Altar in the recipes page. Because we all have to make mortar several times an hour when building in stone and each time we have to scroll through the list in order to find it, sometimes the order changes, depending on the inventory, it gets frustrating.
(4) Request Auto Walk on perhaps the letter W. (5) Request Auto Run on perhaps the letter R.
(6) Request Auto Harvesting for chopping wood, stone and clay. It’s always going to be 10 chops or 20 mouse clicks. Perhaps hitting the 'H' or ‘F’ key once. Certainly better than waiting for carpal tunnel syndrome to kick in with multiple key presses.
(8) The Option for a permanent name tag above the player plus a marker showing clan players on the map, preferably with a direction arrowhead.
(9) The Option to show a marker on the map showing items (and bases) placed.
(10) A marker on the map showing Points of Interest (POI) and the associated boundary for building restrictions.
(11) A grid square on the map.
(12) The option to allow players to choose the key bindings.
(13) Everybody uses bandages, but the number of bandages is often invisible. Please move the items number to the top of the icon and give it a darker filter background.
(15) Please put the server details into the top right data area on screen, as this info is useful for bug reports and reminding ourselves which server we are on – without having to log out.
(17) Either change the ratio of 5:1 needed to make mortar or change the amount of mortar required for a recipe please.
(18) We have chairs, but could we have something grander for the Viking Lord? Whilst on the same subject, could we have long benches for the minions to sit upon - as well as or instead of chairs? (I saw part of this idea in the other ongoing Developer ideas list, great minds think alike.
(19) When the Gods spawn an artifact in the world, you get a message, but if you log on after the message has been broadcast, there is no repeat of the message, perhaps as players log on after the broadcast or re-log, a duplicate message should be generated, informing them that the Gods have spawned an artifact.
(20) Going into the mines to gather silver and gold really needs the ability to place a flaming torch in the mines. If not that, perhaps the developers could have Oil Lanterns already in the mines that we as players could add oil or something we bring with us, to fill up the lanterns? Hence going on a quest, you pre-plan the things you are likely to need, like bandages, healing potions, berserker potions and lastly Lantern Oil. You have these great creatures coming out to meet you and you can't see anything. Having a torch on your person does not help, because you can't hold the torch and see whilst you have a weapon in hand.
(21) Repairing damage to your base should be far easier than it is at the moment. Perhaps take a leaf out of the 'Daybreak's Just Survive' game and fix all the damage simply by being raided by somebody not on the permissions list - so a friend not in your clan breaks down a door and the whole base goes into repair mode when the raid is over - fixing all the damage done and accumulated automatically. This would also fix the clutter of partially knocked down bases. Another request is obviously a way for base owners to totally demolish a base with one command - perhaps on the command wheel - Destroy Base!
(23) Please request ability to raise or lower a Palisade when placing it. Currently, you can place a wooden foundation first, then put the Palisade on top, then demolish the foundation - the palisade stays in the higher position, so it makes sense that a Palisade could be raised without the foundation placement. Idea from Zohan.
(24) Player Damage or lack of; Please could the game have better physics? Characters should not be able to fall distances without getting damage, higher the fall, higher the damage, more like real life. Falling off the roof of a 3 story base should kill a character, not just give 30-70 % damage. Falling down cliffs and mountains should kill you. Most of us run around with armour, so our characters mass is even greater. We should not have the jumping ability of Superman, but some characters can jump onto the heads of other characters - that is just wrong.
(25) Clan Permissions; Valnir Rok is a really great game but, it does not currently have a clan system put in place, it really needs to sort the matter out urgently. At the moment, it is possible for a clan to form and all clan members have full permissions to interact with clan placed objects. This can cause problems, as there are short term strategies where a SPY or INFILTRATOR can join a clan and destroy or delete clan based objects - such as gates, walls and foundations. This is not a new strategy, many games have had this, so the coding to put in permissions must already exist. Please address this ploy.
(26) Automatic Dropout; I went AFK (away from keyboard) for a while and thought my character would simply drop out of the server for inaction, it didn't and I died! Doh.
Could I suggest an Automatic Dropout when the player's character stops moving for say 10 minutes or 50% of their health, whichever comes first?
(27) /Respawn; Please could an addition be made to the /help command list, that of Suicide of the Character, often it is called 'Respawn' on other games. This then allows the player's Character to spawn to another place of their choosing - rather than walking there.
/Respawn would be my choice of command.
(30) Change Quests to explain Abilities; please could the Valnir Rok Developers change the Quest order of play to reflect the new Abilities. The Quests are a really good form of learning how to play this game, but the current order of play needs to be shifted at the point where you learn to make tools and clothe yourself. At this point, you should be required to build a Workbench or have a special workbench already constructed for use by any player (thus preventing clutter on the server OR give players the ability to Pick-up the player owned workbench).
The requirement to build a workbench is really needed from the beginning both to craft and act as storage. Perhaps the Quests should reflect this. Perhaps remove the quest to build the chest and substitute the workbench? I would also recommend that the NPC chat reflects the order 'Build a Workbench' and linked to the new abilities Carpenter Tier 1 with the one point that is now needed.
(31) Change the Wood Pillar Recipe; could you please change the recipe to make a wooden Pillar from Wood to Wood Stick? It's closer to real world carpentry and like many I seem to have a much larger store of wood sticks than wood planks after cutting down a small copse of trees.
(32) Please correct some of the spelling and grammar in the game such as the Leather Strip – not stripe. Steel Helmet not Steal Helmet. We forage stuff, we don’t loot (looting comes from breaking into something and stealing – we are not stealing, we are foraging).
(33) Could I suggest an overhaul of the axe harvest ratio. The stone axe, gives +1. The Simple Hatchet, gives +2. The Steel Pickaxe (made of Iron - so should be called the Iron Pickaxe) should give +3. The Steel Axes used for harvesting (perhaps calling them Harvesting Axe rather than Reinforced axe) should all give +4 (and coded so they can't be used as a raiding axe). Then the Battle Axes, as they are now.
(34) Just an idea, change the rate of ore ratios which are currently 5:1 (5 ore per rock) to a greater ratio the closer to Monster NPC zones.
(35) Given that the current way to Repair Objects is to say the least quaint, the Damage Rate is excessive. There should be a much simpler way of fixing and entire base (or continuously joined structure) from one central foundation point or use the Job Pole placed nearby to 'cure' all structures nearby. A RADICAL IDEA, simply don't have any building damage rates at all. Break the mold of so many other games and do something different for a change?
(36) Please increase the Arrow crafting ratios, at the moment it is 1 stone and 1 stick for one arrow. I suggest VR increases the ratio to 5 arrows per 1 stone and 1 stick. An ignot of metal should be able to produce far more common arrows than it does at present; perhaps 20 would be more realistic.
(37) There are new players who are not aware of the Discord application and the Wiki page. I strongly suggest that Valnir Rok addresses this minor oversight in the hopes of fostering clearer communications. Many people coming through from the Steam site are unaware of the wealth of other information available and the help that can be offered - most of the time new players don't ask. Perhaps a page of links could be added at the point of the login server. This page has 3 items on the left of screen Serverlist, Options, Exit. So insert 'Essential Links for Players'. Then on this page give the links to the Valnir Rok presence on Discord, the Valnir Rok dedicated Forum and the Valnir Rok Wiki page - then on each of those pages give a backwards link to the other pages. Put the links of the WIKI and this FORUM on the dedicated Valnir Rok Discord page.
(38) The new achievements need some lower level values, perhaps; Building a Workbench, Building a Job Pole, 1 Wolf, then 20 Wolves, 1 Boar, 1 Skeleton Warrior, then 10 Skeletons, Obtaining 20 Iron Ore, 1 Silver Ore, 1 Gold Ore.
Yeah, it's an annoyance. Second annoyance is the Job Pole, the banner remains blank.
My radical idea stands, stop thinking placed objects need to decay, they don't it is a false economy that uses vast amounts of server power.
You don't need to worry about going over the 100 Kg mark. Simply press and hold W and V and steer with the mouse. It's not pretty but it works.
Yes I agree with that lot, and a lot of them are on my suggestions too. (I'm colour blind too).
Shift, Left mouse button and drag to the right of the workbench.