Valnir Rok Suggestions (Page 1)

• (1) Request the graphic showing 'Steel' has a yellow stripe running through it, to differentiate it from 'Iron'. It is unclear in the recipes whether it requires iron or steel or each.

(2) Request the Chat Box where you can chat to other players on the server be increased slightly in size and most importantly the size of the input text. Most players over 35 need glasses, I personally hate wearing glasses when I’m playing.

(3) Request the icon for Mortar be placed in a bordered box before the Altar in the recipes page. Because we all have to make mortar several times an hour when building in stone and each time we have to scroll through the list in order to find it, sometimes the order changes, depending on the inventory, it gets frustrating.

(4) Request Auto Walk on perhaps the letter W. (5) Request Auto Run on perhaps the letter R.

(6) Request Auto Harvesting for chopping wood, stone and clay. It’s always going to be 10 chops or 20 mouse clicks. Perhaps hitting the 'H' or ‘F’ key once. Certainly better than waiting for carpal tunnel syndrome to kick in with multiple key presses.

(8) The Option for a permanent name tag above the player plus a marker showing clan players on the map, preferably with a direction arrowhead.

(9) The Option to show a marker on the map showing items (and bases) placed.

(10) A marker on the map showing Points of Interest (POI) and the associated boundary for building restrictions.

(11) A grid square on the map.

(12) The option to allow players to choose the key bindings.

(13) Everybody uses bandages, but the number of bandages is often invisible. Please move the items number to the top of the icon and give it a darker filter background.

(15) Please put the server details into the top right data area on screen, as this info is useful for bug reports and reminding ourselves which server we are on – without having to log out.

(17) Either change the ratio of 5:1 needed to make mortar or change the amount of mortar required for a recipe please.

(18) We have chairs, but could we have something grander for the Viking Lord? Whilst on the same subject, could we have long benches for the minions to sit upon - as well as or instead of chairs? (I saw part of this idea in the other ongoing Developer ideas list, great minds think alike.

(19) When the Gods spawn an artifact in the world, you get a message, but if you log on after the message has been broadcast, there is no repeat of the message, perhaps as players log on after the broadcast or re-log, a duplicate message should be generated, informing them that the Gods have spawned an artifact.

(20) Going into the mines to gather silver and gold really needs the ability to place a flaming torch in the mines. If not that, perhaps the developers could have Oil Lanterns already in the mines that we as players could add oil or something we bring with us, to fill up the lanterns? Hence going on a quest, you pre-plan the things you are likely to need, like bandages, healing potions, berserker potions and lastly Lantern Oil. You have these great creatures coming out to meet you and you can't see anything. Having a torch on your person does not help, because you can't hold the torch and see whilst you have a weapon in hand.

(21) Repairing damage to your base should be far easier than it is at the moment. Perhaps take a leaf out of the 'Daybreak's Just Survive' game and fix all the damage simply by being raided by somebody not on the permissions list - so a friend not in your clan breaks down a door and the whole base goes into repair mode when the raid is over - fixing all the damage done and accumulated automatically. This would also fix the clutter of partially knocked down bases. Another request is obviously a way for base owners to totally demolish a base with one command - perhaps on the command wheel - Destroy Base!

(23) Please request ability to raise or lower a Palisade when placing it. Currently, you can place a wooden foundation first, then put the Palisade on top, then demolish the foundation - the palisade stays in the higher position, so it makes sense that a Palisade could be raised without the foundation placement. Idea from Zohan.

(24) Player Damage or lack of; Please could the game have better physics? Characters should not be able to fall distances without getting damage, higher the fall, higher the damage, more like real life. Falling off the roof of a 3 story base should kill a character, not just give 30-70 % damage. Falling down cliffs and mountains should kill you. Most of us run around with armour, so our characters mass is even greater. We should not have the jumping ability of Superman, but some characters can jump onto the heads of other characters - that is just wrong.

(25) Clan Permissions; Valnir Rok is a really great game but, it does not currently have a clan system put in place, it really needs to sort the matter out urgently. At the moment, it is possible for a clan to form and all clan members have full permissions to interact with clan placed objects. This can cause problems, as there are short term strategies where a SPY or INFILTRATOR can join a clan and destroy or delete clan based objects - such as gates, walls and foundations. This is not a new strategy, many games have had this, so the coding to put in permissions must already exist. Please address this ploy.

(26) Automatic Dropout; I went AFK (away from keyboard) for a while and thought my character would simply drop out of the server for inaction, it didn't and I died! Doh.

Could I suggest an Automatic Dropout when the player's character stops moving for say 10 minutes or 50% of their health, whichever comes first?

(27) /Respawn; Please could an addition be made to the /help command list, that of Suicide of the Character, often it is called 'Respawn' on other games. This then allows the player's Character to spawn to another place of their choosing - rather than walking there.

/Respawn would be my choice of command.

(30) Change Quests to explain Abilities; please could the Valnir Rok Developers change the Quest order of play to reflect the new Abilities. The Quests are a really good form of learning how to play this game, but the current order of play needs to be shifted at the point where you learn to make tools and clothe yourself. At this point, you should be required to build a Workbench or have a special workbench already constructed for use by any player (thus preventing clutter on the server OR give players the ability to Pick-up the player owned workbench).

The requirement to build a workbench is really needed from the beginning both to craft and act as storage. Perhaps the Quests should reflect this. Perhaps remove the quest to build the chest and substitute the workbench? I would also recommend that the NPC chat reflects the order 'Build a Workbench' and linked to the new abilities Carpenter Tier 1 with the one point that is now needed.

(31) Change the Wood Pillar Recipe; could you please change the recipe to make a wooden Pillar from Wood to Wood Stick? It's closer to real world carpentry and like many I seem to have a much larger store of wood sticks than wood planks after cutting down a small copse of trees.

(32) Please correct some of the spelling and grammar in the game such as the Leather Strip – not stripe. Steel Helmet not Steal Helmet. We forage stuff, we don’t loot (looting comes from breaking into something and stealing – we are not stealing, we are foraging).

(33) Could I suggest an overhaul of the axe harvest ratio. The stone axe, gives +1. The Simple Hatchet, gives +2. The Steel Pickaxe (made of Iron - so should be called the Iron Pickaxe) should give +3. The Steel Axes used for harvesting (perhaps calling them Harvesting Axe rather than Reinforced axe) should all give +4 (and coded so they can't be used as a raiding axe). Then the Battle Axes, as they are now.

(34) Just an idea, change the rate of ore ratios which are currently 5:1 (5 ore per rock) to a greater ratio the closer to Monster NPC zones.

(35) Given that the current way to Repair Objects is to say the least quaint, the Damage Rate is excessive. There should be a much simpler way of fixing and entire base (or continuously joined structure) from one central foundation point or use the Job Pole placed nearby to 'cure' all structures nearby. A RADICAL IDEA, simply don't have any building damage rates at all. Break the mold of so many other games and do something different for a change?

(36) Please increase the Arrow crafting ratios, at the moment it is 1 stone and 1 stick for one arrow. I suggest VR increases the ratio to 5 arrows per 1 stone and 1 stick. An ignot of metal should be able to produce far more common arrows than it does at present; perhaps 20 would be more realistic.

(37) There are new players who are not aware of the Discord application and the Wiki page. I strongly suggest that Valnir Rok addresses this minor oversight in the hopes of fostering clearer communications. Many people coming through from the Steam site are unaware of the wealth of other information available and the help that can be offered - most of the time new players don't ask. Perhaps a page of links could be added at the point of the login server. This page has 3 items on the left of screen Serverlist, Options, Exit. So insert 'Essential Links for Players'. Then on this page give the links to the Valnir Rok presence on Discord, the Valnir Rok dedicated Forum and the Valnir Rok Wiki page - then on each of those pages give a backwards link to the other pages. Put the links of the WIKI and this FORUM on the dedicated Valnir Rok Discord page.

(38) The new achievements need some lower level values, perhaps; Building a Workbench, Building a Job Pole, 1 Wolf, then 20 Wolves, 1 Boar, 1 Skeleton Warrior, then 10 Skeletons, Obtaining 20 Iron Ore, 1 Silver Ore, 1 Gold Ore.